The Top Five Advantages of a Pre-Listing Inspection
Pre-listing inspections are a good idea for any homeowner considering selling their home. The cost to conduct a pre-listing inspection is usually under $600 in the Milwaukee Metro Area but will vary based on the size of your home. Why would you consider doing this before listing your home?
Home inspections help you determine the target sale price, help you achieve your target sale price and provide for a smoother negotiation process. Here’s how:
Inspections are the “Out” in your deal for the Buyer. The number of Buyers walking out of a home sale on inspection issues has increased 37% from 2016 to 2017 in our offices, as Buyers have become both savvier and choosier. Even the smallest details can impact your sale, so leaving your home’s equity in the hands of the Buyer is a risky option you should carefully consider before you put your home on the market.
Here are the top 5 reasons Sellers should have their home inspected before they list:
- You Can More Effectively Prep Your Home For Sale. You may think you’re aware of any issues with the condition of your home, however, getting an inspection from a licensed home inspector will likely uncover issues you’re unaware of which you can address before you list your home. This will make your home more appealing to Buyers and minimize sale price negotiation issues due to the home’s condition.
- Providing transparency during the sale of your home with your Buyer will make the process less stressful and help you get your sale price.
- More Control Over The Inspection Process. A Buyer’s inspection report will have less impact if you can provide a pre-listing inspection report to refute anything the Buyer’s inspector raises as a possible defect.
- Potential Liability Reduction. If the home is fully inspected by a certified home inspector and a problem arises after the sale, the likelihood of being pursued for damages can be substantially reduced.
- Smoother Home Sale Negotiations. Defects become less of a stumbling block in negotiations with the Buyer, as your report is now part of the acknowledged documents provided to the Buyer prior to the Buyer writing an offer.
Pre-listing inspections are a smart thing to do before listing a home and a common suggestion of Powers Realty Group. If you are a Seller and are considering selling your home and need a referral for a home inspector, please feel free to contact us.
Powers Realty Group is a distinctive boutique real estate broker focused on the needs of customers delivering exceptional results. We are the trusted local experts. Call us today about buying or selling your home.Call Suzanne Powers